OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Seeking Educational Excellence (SEE) is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors. SEE does not sell, trade, or rent personal information about our donors with third-party organizations.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://seekingeducationalexcellence.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
SEE may collect personal information about donors for a number of reasons, including:
- To administer and maintain accounts related to donations
- To facilitate fundraising
- To communicate with donors and potential donors
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements
Such information may include: name, address, phone number, email address, and any information a donor voluntarily provides to us. In addition, SEE maintains a record of each donor’s giving history and communications with staff. This information is kept on file and may be used for the following internal purposes:
- To distribute receipts for donations
- To thank donors for their donation
- To inform donors about events and programs
- To inform donors about fundraising activities
- For internal analysis and record keeping
- For reporting to relevant Federal and State
- government agencies, such as the IRS
- For annual audits
- For grant reporting
- To contact donors about changes to this policy
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
SEE safeguards donor information by:
- Physical measures, including locked files and locked offices
- Technological measures, including the use of passwords and digital security
- Other measures, including restricting access on a “need to know” basis
- Use of a secure site for online financial transactions
- Destruction of credit card information after a transaction has been processed and completed
You may write to Seeking Educational Excellence, PO Box 542, Higley, AZ 85236 to request a review of any personal information that may have been collected by SEE and to request any corrections that may be necessary.
Copyright 2023 Seeking Educational Excellence, All Rights Reserved