Check out what the nation’s largest Teacher’s Association, the National Education Association has adopted as their priorities for kids and America’s schools.
- Ending zero-tolerance policies and replacing them with restorative justice practices
- Hiring and mentoring black educators
- Mandating that Ethnic Studies be taught in preK-12 schools in age-appropriate ways
- Hiring more counselors not cops
In addition, the NEA chimed in on reparations for blacks.
- NEA will collaborate and partner with organizations and individuals who are doing the work to push reparations for descendants of enslaved Africans in the United States and to involve educators, students, and communities in the discussions around support for reparations. ADOPTED
And in case you weren’t sure if the organization supports an agenda on climate change, check out this measure:
- The NEA will contact all school districts through the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) to recommend incorporating into their science curriculum, causes, effects, and solutions to climate change and pollution. ADOPTED
And as if the NEA has any business on the fate of illegals, they still added illegal immigration to their list of actions.
- The NEA will publicize our vigorous defense of immigrants’ rights: defending the right to asylum, ending the criminalization of border crossings, opposing child separation, the construction of a border wall, and immediately shutting down immigrant concentration camps. ADOPTED
- The NEA will call on the U.S. government to accept responsibility for the destabilization of Central American countries (including, but not limited to Guatemala, El Salvador, and Nicaragua), and that this destabilization is a root cause of the recent increase of asylum seekers in the United States. ADOPTED
How about this attack on Charter schools.
- The NEA will develop a report on the negative effects of charter co-locations on students, particularly students of color, students with disabilities, and public school communities, and publish such reports in the NEA Today, on NEA social media, and all other forms of communication. ADOPTED
And the NEA certainly couldn’t leave out the LGBTQ+ agenda.
- The NEA will create model legislative language that state affiliates can use to lobby for a K-12 cross content curriculum that is LGBTQ+ inclusive. ADOPTED
- The NEA will organize and mobilize in support of the Equality Act to be a top legislative priority by using existing resources and ongoing lobby efforts with our Senate to increase their awareness of the importance of passing non-discrimination protections based on sexual orientation or gender identity. ADOPTED
To showcase its anti-capitalism stance, the NEA offer the following:
- The NEA will utilize existing digital resources to inform its members and prospective members on how civic values have been corroded, corrupted, or crowded out by the free-market values such as individualism, competition, and greed. ADOPTED
I’m sure you know that most of their agenda has nothing to do with education. And for all intents, their planned actions are in lockstep with a Leftist agenda that won’t improve the quality of life for a single student.
The NEA has over 3 million members, and they create more each year. They are well-funded, thus it’s easy to see how social justice operates openly in academia.
But while there are 3+ million teachers, there are 90 million parents. And SEE plans to mobilize millions of them and take back control of academia.